Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

numbness

i am 22 years old and found i have degerative disc disease about 2 days ago. the pain was in my lower back but has now progressed to my shoulders and neck. i am expreincing numbness in my neck .. the back and top of my head and my ears. im not sure if this is normal or not but the pain is so severe i am in tears multiple times through out the day. i have two children two and under and i cant take care of them ... will this pain last forever. also my pain doubles whenever i lay down and try to rest its like my back is tearing in two please let me know if this is normal
barbara
advertisement

Comments

• Hello, how did you find out you have DDD, was testing done? If so what kind?

Is it normal? Well heck no it's not "normal" but that does not mean its uncommon.

Personally my problems are in the lumbar, but there are plenty of posts that relate more to upper back/ neck issues. Check those out.

Also elaborate what kind of doctors you have seen, tests, results, ect. People will be able to help more with more info.

Hopefully its a minor issue for you that can be fixed conservatively. Any way you go this site is great for info and support.

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • all ive had done so far is an xray.. i dont have medical insurance so i cant have anything else done unless i go to the emergency room . the dr said i needed to have an mri done asap but i have no way. thanks for your help . hope i can figure it out lol
    barbara