Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sjogren's syndrom and chronic back pain

Would like to hear if anyone with Sjogren's syndrom has had some success with decompression of the back? I have had chronic back pain, have tried several options, and now want to know about this form of treatment for pain? Thanks for all replies.
advertisement

Comments

• LovetrotravelLovetrotravel Posts: 296
    edited 08/31/2012 - 6:45 PM
    I have done a small amount of research on this since one of my good friends has SS....And I just looked through the .org website to double check...but I have never heard of SS being the cause of disc/spine issues.

Have you had an actual Board Certified Neurosurgeon or BC Orthopedic surgeon tell you that your SS has caused these issues? Have you had a MRI to verfiy disc herniations?

Since there is no cure for SS....and there is usually not much pain associated with SS....I guess I am not seeing the correlation for having back surgery and somehow curing your SS....

Most people, starting at age 25-30 have disc changes and the start of degenerative disc disease. The word "disease" is really a misnomer....since it is mainly just a part of aging. Many people if you took them off the street and did a MRI would show issues with their spine but they may not have a single symptom. And then others can have a slight disc bulge, or a bone spur and have terrible pain.

So, to me, obviously not being a Dr. or medical professional of any kind...but I would treating these two things separately. Usually a Rheumatologist is a knowledgeable on SS and then find a BC Neurosurgeon or Othropedic surgeon to help with your back issues...

Good luck..