Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

9 days after microdiscetomy

I am wondering if anyone knows (as long as my recovery goes smoothly) if it is realistic to think I can go to a trade show in Germany from November 10th until th 19th.

The plane trip direct is around 8 hrs.

• I'd recommend a call to your surgeon. It seems like 2+ months of recovery should be okay, but if you're going to be very busy, you should check that out with your surgeon as well.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • DNiceDDNice Posts: 1,962
    edited 08/30/2012 - 3:52 PM
    You are asking if you'll be cleared to get on an 8-hour plane ride 9 days after a back surgery?
    No but I'm no doctor.

Typically you have a 2-week post op appoint to ensure the incision is healing and they remove stitches.
    You then have a 6-week post op which if you are lucky you will be 'released', typically to PT.
    Now, I can tell you if it is your lumbar are...nope. Not experienced with Cervical but have to guess the answer is the same.

I will tell you that even if you doctor says maybe or depends on how you feel - you are wasting your time/money with the surgery.

Sitting after lumbar MD is not good for you. Add to that a cramped plane and you are just asking for trouble.
    If going to Germany is important and your situation can wait, why not reschedule the surgery until after your trip?