Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My Pain killer has been here the whole time.

CureishereCCureishere Posts: 1
I have read most of the post here and trust me I,m right here with you guys. I have been dealing with Sciatica for a year now
but I did,nt realize or really feel it until a month ago. I quit my job, before finding another one I decided to take a week off, around my 3rd or 4th day I felt this little back pain growing and getting worst by the hour. I poped two 500mg IB profeins and it was like eating candy, I waited two more hours and poped two more still no relief. Wow I never been thru pain like this. I got in my truck to receive help and barley made it to the emergency room with all the cramping. The docs asst gave my a StEroiD shot prednisone, tylenol codine, and Cyclobenzaprine and none seem to work after 2 hrs of taking it. Aww man this is Hell on earth I never been in pain like this, It hurts from my back all the way to my toes. Sitting has never been so uncomfotable people in public places look at me like whats hurting him. Anyhow most or all of us up here have pretty much the same symptoms with Sciatica. At one point I was inhaling Marijuana for pleasure an after work treat. When I got Sciatica the pain was somewhere around a minimum (well it wasnt painful to look at a chair) and I quit inhaling one month before I went to get another job thats when the real pain started. Mabey most of you turn your nose up at Marijuana but anything beats Chronic pain. Your doctor isnt going to offer it because he has to sell you what he got. Cymbalta. Prednisone,Cyc arnt giving the result that your looking for. My heart goes out the man who says his love life is down the drain or the 30 year old lady who wants to be a mother I know we are to young for this BS. I,m just saying It dosent matter how old or young Marijuanna can minimize this pain to a degree where you dont have to lay down every 5 mins just to walk for another 10 mins. Marijuanna can be consumed by inhaling or cooked in different foods like Brownies. It Truly is a Miracle. Ask your doc about it if your state allows
if not buying on the street can be risky in more than one way, If it ease the pain then your the Boss of your body. I really wish
I can smoke a Blunt with some of you I really do. Understand Marijuanna is a Stimulant or Depressant depending on the make - up of the user. BTW buy it quater pound or larger its cheaper and last longer. This post is for those who dont want a train of expensive medicines and added doctor visits. Marijuana works
for minimizing my pain I have bills to pay, I have to work, I have a love life as most of us, If you choose to take this route its totally up to you.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    We are all aware of the Pro's / Cons's to pain management.
    Everyone has a choice along with working with their doctors to come up with the best blend. So, you are not shedding any light on this subject. We would much rather see you talk about your pain and what your doctors have recommended as a course of corrective actions.
    Cureishere said:

Mabey most of you turn your nose up at Marijuana but anything beats Chronic pain. Your doctor isnt going to offer it because he has to sell you what he got.
    Doctors prescribe what they feel is the correct thing for their patient.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com