Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Nueropathic pain syndrome

After 19 months of doctors visits, scanner xrays etc,it has been decided there is no organic cause for my pain I have been diagnosed with nueropathic pain syndrome.

About my pain:
I have daily headaches, pain in my neck shoulders and upper back and am unable lift my arms. I have chronic sleep deprivation and overall effects of exhaaustion.

I am currently off work and have been for 3 months. I am about to start a 8 week rehab program at the hospital with a physio, physcologist and occupational therapist. I am 21 years old living in new Zealand and would appreciate any information or thoughts on this condition.

• If the Drs. are sure that you do not have any type of head or cervical spine issue then it seems that the next step with the rehab program is the way to go.

Did they do a MRI of your head/cervical spine? To rule out chiari malformation or cervical disc herniations? If this was also done and not just X-rays....then at least you can be confident that there isn't anything surgical to attend to.

Do they have you on any type of nerve pain medication like Lyrica, Neurontin or Cymbalta? These are medications in the US so not sure of the NZ counterparts or what you all have available. But these type of meds are specifically for nerve pain.

And then use of a muscle relaxer I would think could be helpful as well. Again...not sure of what you all have there but here we have Flexeril (cyclobenzaprine), Robaxin, Skelaxin, or Baclofen.

Hopefully the rehab will go well for you as I'm sure during all this time with the pain added to the worry of what was going on...you have limited your movement and exercise program daily. Which in turn would atrophy the body.

Keep us posted on how things go for you!!
This discussion has been closed.