Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Bad news on my myelogram

I just saw the results from my myelogram taken this week on Tuesday. It shows "areas of persistent radiolucency centrally within the interbody implant at C6-7, and along its superior and inferior bone graft interfaces without evidence of bridging trabeculation across the more peripheral intervertebral disc space." and in the conclusion " Lucency surrounding the bilateral C7 vertebral body screws is worrisome for instrumentation loosening."
I have had c5-7 and have had one revision so far. I'm no doctor but from what I can tell, the c6-7 must have movement and hasn't fused. I have an appt w the surgeon on Wednesday of next week to discuss the findings. The pain is horrible and I have a feeling he will want to do a posterior surgery to put rods to secure c6-7. Has anyone had the revision? Please tell me about your experience. Thank you.

Stephanie

advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,617
    edited 09/07/2012 - 8:33 AM
    Welcome to Spine Health.

Here's my story:

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/pain/neck-pain-cervical/my-acdf-pictorial-failed-two-level-massive-revision

It's a saga.

Regards and hope for healing and improvement for all.

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • Welcome. I really can't help you, as my C6/7 fused, but I can say that it's the most difficult one to fuse. That's because it moves most whenever you move your head. I think wearing a brace helped, as well as a bone growth stimulator.

If its a hardware issue and not a fusion issue, then I've heard hardware replacement isn't as bad as a full surgery, for what that's worth.

Good luck with your appt and let us know how it goes.
    Cathie
  • Just saw the surgeon today to go over my myelogram and CT scans. It's as I thought, surgery is needed. This time through the back to remove bone spurs and add rods to C6-7 as it isn't fusing. I guess I'm not scared. I seriously would do just about anything to relieve the pain and have a "normal" life again.
  • I wish you great luck at the upcoming surgery and hope it fixes that level for u once and for all!
    Ive done C6 too, had C5 and C6 fused 4 month ago - so far Im fusing.
    Let us know how it goes! When is your surgery? We will think of you.

/ Victoria
    Cause: car accident & genetics
    Effect: herniations C4-7, stenosis, osteoarthritis, myelopathy, neuropathy
    Non-invasive Treatment: everything under the sun
    Invasive Treatment: 2 level ACDF, C5 & C6, May 2012
    Moving Forward: SCS
  • I have surgery scheduled for October 5th. I was told that the posterior surgery is much more painful than the anterior. Anyone else with surgery scheduled in October? Wishing everyone a fun and painfree weekend!

Stephanie
  • SURGERY FOR NOV ON 1 &2 VERTEBRAE. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TYPE SURGERY/?
  • Hello Everyone :)

It's been quite a while since I've posted. I had a new CT myelogram done last week and I think the results are good. I can't get in to see my doctor for his review but I was able to get the report released to me. Anyone care to take a look and let me know what you think? From what I can tell, my hardware looks good, no failure and good fusion. However, I am still in constant pain and am wondering if I am just stuck with it? Has anyone had the procedure where they burn the nerves? I have constant upper back and neck pain and spasm along with pain, aching and numbness in my right arm. I don't take any paid meds, just Alleve and Cymbalta 90 mgs per day for the nerve pain and depression. My doctor doesn't believe in using any pain meds or muscle relaxants long term so I was cut off 12 weeks after my last surgery in October 2012. Any advise is greatly appreciated.
    So, I can't figure out how to upload my report, anyone know how?
advertisement