Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dang it

Hi everybody.

I've been on vacation this week, taken walks every morning, did a few errands and rested a lot. I didn't do a lot of what I planned, like cleaning, not just because it felt good to rest, but afraid that it would set off a pain flare.

So I've been feeling so good this past week...then I decided yesterday that I'd better get some things done and cleaned the dirty kitchen. I also cut hubby's hair, not a fun task. Lots of bending, twisting and standing, as you can imagine, and today...AAARGH! Major pain flare and being the weekend, hubby and I have plans that I can't get out of.

We have a big party to attend tomorrow (it's with the members of the bands that are being inducted into the Colorado Rock and Roll Hall of Fame) and I'd planned on wearing my high heeled beautiful boots. No way now, I'm just hoping I can get through it, as it's very important to my hubby.

So basically, I'm just whining. I need to win the Lotto so I can take the rest of my life off. I hope this flare goes away soon, it's a booger. Thanks for listening. Some times we just need to vent like I'm doing now.

• You are so right....venting is good. So sorry about your flare. Hope it settles down so you can wear your lovely heels. I was having a major flare yesterday and could not do much when my physical therapist was here.I hate missing out on my therapy. I go for an increase in my pump the 18th. so that should help with the flares. They have been bad lately.
    Hope you are better very soon.
    Patsy W
  • Im sorry to hear about your ongoing pain. I'm really hoping that the increase in your pump helps. Thanks for the kind words. But I doubt I'll even try the heels, they're just too bad on the spine and if I have to stand for any length of time, I'm screwed. Lol

Take care.
  • sunny1966ssunny1966 VIRGINIAPosts: 1,385
    edited 09/08/2012 - 5:25 AM
    Ain't that the way it goes? Big plans and big pain? Seems like it happens every time doesn't it?

I'm sorry you're suffering. I hope your pain eases and you can enjoy the party.

Good luck,
  • Cath111CCath111 Posts: 3,702
    edited 09/08/2012 - 5:28 AM
    Long time no talk. How are you doing? Thanks for the kind words and email or PM me when you can. It's been far too long since we've talked!

• jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 09/08/2012 - 5:41 AM
    I do hope that your pain will settle down and that you will be able to enjoy this party.
    I have just returned to work in a school after a long summer break. It has really flared up my pain again.
    My physiotherapist had wondered how I would be once I was back at work again. At my appointment this week he said that my neck muscles had gone tight again where they had been doing really well.

I have just realised that I have moved down the school to younger children, which means smaller tables and chairs, which means more bending!
    edited 09/09/2012 - 3:55 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that work has caused you to have a big flare. I hate that I've felt so good and am going back to work feeling like this, and it's our very busy time for the next six weeks. So I know it's going to be very difficult in the weeks to come. Last week I was considering canceling my surgery and this week wish it were sooner. Dang it, these friggin spines!

I hope you get to feeling better. Teaching the little ones sure doesn't help.
    Take care of yourself.
  • j.howiejj.howie Brentwood, Ca., USAPosts: 1,730
    a vacation is never a really a vacation is it? It always seems to bring on some extra pain.....sorry! There seems to be a lot of flares here lately. Must be the season of the flares (And now I'm singing the words to Donovan's Season of the Witch) LOL giving up my age..............
    Click my name to see my Medical history
    You get what you get, not what you deserve......I stole that from Susan (rip)
    Today is yours to embrace........ for tomorrow, who knows what might be starring you in the face!
  • Hope you were able to get some enjoyment during your important evening out. I would love to wear heels again. Probably out for me though. I started back to work last week also. I've had a terrible pain flair. Tomorrow is the start of my first full time week back. Hopefully I can sleep tonight and have some energy. I really do enjoy working but my chronic pain /spine condition is really making it difficult to function. Working with kids helps keep my mind off my pain. They can be really funny.
    Severe DDD. Klippel Feil Deformity. Cervical Foraminatomy that turned into Lamy. I have tried so many treatments, therapy's and medications.
  • Those flares are rotten !! Hope you got to the party yesterday and enjoyed it and I guess you wore flat shoes.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
    edited 09/12/2012 - 8:50 AM
    It really does look like we have a lot of "flaring" going on here! I made it to the party and actually was having enough fun that I forgot about my back for a while. I was able to combine sitting and standing, the food was good and we got home in time to watch the Broncos. Was hurting again the next day and now we have a rainy front moving through - all that combined to make a nice "where's my pill" day.

Why do vacations go by so fast and work days so slow?
  • Sorry Cath. I "feel" you my friend. We have had the worst rainy summer in years and I have been in a bad way for months... Yesterday was my second fall in two weeks (down 3 stairs) luckily I was near the bottom when I went. I wish we could all get better or at least feel better. I will take my June pain levels back please!

Trying to get my permed ant SCS scheduled ASAP.

Feel better,

• jellyhalljjellyhall Posts: 4,373
    edited 09/13/2012 - 3:34 AM
    It has been a very wet summer here in the UK too!
    The wettest summer on record.
  • what anyone says, barometric changes affect us. Dang again, I hurt. But don't we all...nothing new. Dang.
This discussion has been closed.