Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Are you 6-12 months ACDF post op? How are you doing?

Have a lot of your symptoms disappeared or do you still have problems? If you had to do it again would you?

• It's been just over 12 months for me. Everything is right as rain with my c-5-c7, I still have an ache or pain, but not a thing to be complaning about. Now when talking about my lumbar surgeries, there is another story to tell. I've had two lumbar surgeries and both failed badly, one was definitely my fault, I felt so good I went out for a round of golf just a few weeks out. Less than 5 months later I was back in surgery. This time I did everything by the book, followed everything to the T and still ended up with failed back surgery syndrom, so my advice is to make sure you follow the doctors orders to a T
  • I'm 3 weeks short of a year since my cervical fusion at c4-6. My main reason for the surgery was pain in my right arm, which kicked in any time i was in the car. hard to shuttle the kids around when you're in major pain 5 minutes after getting into the car.

post surgery, i picked up a host of neck pain that i never had. that has gotten better, but has not gone away. i still get pain if i turn my head to the extreme in any direction. (Again, i never had that pre-surgery) i get stiff and achy very quickly.

the arm pain had disappeared for the most part, and i was good for probably 10 months or so. i've been noticing the arm pain thought more frequently lately, and i'm going to be talking to my surgeon about it in a week. its not really bad like it had been, but its there and its making me nervous.

And just for reference, i had a 1 level lumbar fusion 2.5 months ago. lower back pain is definitely aiming in the right direction, though. maybe one day i'll be able to say i've gotten rid of all the pain.... i know wishful thinking.

for the most part i would say the surgery did help. i can spend time in the car without major pain which is am improvement. the fact that i am feeling that arm pain, even at a lower level more often now worries me, and i will probably push to get a new MRI done. I'd like to know for sure if something is going on in there.
    Microdisectomy / hemi-laminectomy 6/2010 and revision 10/2010
    Cervical fusion C4-5 and C5-6 9/2011
    Lumbar Fusion L5-S1 6/2012