Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Lanx, Aspen (TLIF Surgery)

BlifnarBBlifnar Posts: 1
edited 09/10/2012 - 6:21 PM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I am a 30 Year old guy... nothing special, I have worked; factory, construction, Elevator service tech, and so on.
I developed left leg pain in October 2010. Doing garden work. I twisted the wrong way and ended up with a blown disk.
I had a Microdisectomy November 2012 it was a successful surgery (fixing the leg pain). April 2012 the low back pain was back at its max and would not go away, I went through all the red tape again...

3 spinal injections
1 nerve ablation
4 months of PT
Pain pills out the butt, oxy-codone, 10MG, Morphine 15Mg every 8 hours etc,,,,,

I had met up with a few ortho's no of which would operate because my age... I waited 64months (of horrible pain)... you prob know what I'm talking about if your reading this... for a surgeon to give the OK.
He opted for a TLIF Transforraminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (Sorry for the spelling) and a Lanx aspen device at L4-5
Surgery was Aug 24th I took FMLA and short term disability April 20th it is September 10 time of this post and I am 100% better I still have the stiffness from the surgery, but we resolved the back pain.
I know I have not mentioned a Diagnoses its because I have heard it all... I have DDD degenerative Disk disease, Failed back syndrome, and something else, but I forgot I really did not like that doctor!! (He thought I was a drug seeker) - God I really hated that!! the pharmacy would judge you up and down like you are a piece of crap! I really wish those who abuse drugs would stop! because someone like me has to literally beg the doctor for them and half the time my insurance would not pay for them either. the Pharmacist wanted to sit with me an discuss keeping it locked away... Really? anyway, its a painful journey. I hope you have as much luck as I did... I am also sorry for my spelling and grammar I was typing as I thought it1 Thank---