Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post Microdiscectomy..is this normal???

Laur3nLLaur3n Posts: 4
edited 09/13/2012 - 4:29 PM in Recovering from Surgery
Hello All,
I had a microdiscectomy L5-S1 8/1/12. After the 2 weeks of pain from the incision I felt great. No pain running down my leg, no burning in my cheek, I felt like a new person. I went for my follow up & the surgeon was very happy with how I was healing. Long story short I took a trip while I was recovering just at my one month surgical anniversary. When I returned home I was not thinking & lifted a 45lb piece of luggage off of the conveyor belt. Then my mind started to play tricks on me that I reinjured myself. I have a little bit of numbness on the top of my foot, but other than that I just felt sore like I just worked out. I just really would like to know anyone's personal healing stories, what I should expect, & what is abnormal.
Thank you for any of your advice

• I was advised that if I experienced pain, numbness, tingling in the leg, that lasted more than two weeks, those were symptoms of possible reherniation. Don't go picking up luggage like that! Remember that even though you feel wonderful, you're still not healed.

I had a micro-d in February and reherniated somewhere between February and June. My back just never stopped hurting, and I insisted on MRI. I had been going about my business like I had pre-op. I don't think I was careful enough. Who knows...But be careful!
    Mother, wife, Southern farm keeper, chicken lady, beekeeper, anesthesia provider. L5-S1 PLIF 9/2013. Visit PLIF blog at http://www.lumbarfusionfusion.blogspot.com