Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Multipule issues with lower back

Hello everyone, I'm so glad that I found this site. I have a very loving and supportive family but they just can't understand what I'm going through. I will appologize right now for my thought process, I had a stroke last year and sometimes I get all jumbled up (especially on these meds I'm on).

I have been diagnosed with a herniated disc at L4-L5, a fused disc at L5-S1, scoliosis and osteoporosis, along with some fancy term for my left hip which basically is that it is perm disjointed. Due to all of these issues I have no stability on my feet so have to use a walker, am in extreame pain day in and day out and did I mention I'm only 30 years old? I rely on my Mom to care for my 2 children and myself, after my stroke last year I moved in with her.

I'm just out of my mind with pain, being ashamed when I fall in the shower and my Dad has to get me up (or everywhere else I fall) The constant stares from people when I do make it out, again I'm 30 and using a walker and using a handicap placard. Everything from rolling eyes, to pure pity I just feel so alone in this.

I have recently found a new doctor that has lots of options for me, so I am finding some hope. Just trying to dig my nails into the hope right now and hang on for dear life.
Toeree
~Herniated disc at L4-L5, fused vertebra at L5-S1, Scoliosis, and Osteoporosis and I'm 30 years old.
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can.. i am so glad that you have joined us!! as you look around you will see forums for just many of the pain issues you suffer from.. be sure and have a look around and make yourself at home.. it is unfortunate that people can be thoughtless and treat us differently because of pain problems.. you are very lucky to have your dad around to help you when you do fall and i am sure he thinks no more of it than he did helping you as a child.. he loves you very much but i can understand your embarrassment at certain moments..you will find lots of understanding and care here on the forum.. take good care of yourself and enjoy hanging out with us spineys!! good luck with your new doctor!! Jenny