Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help- dizziness, little headache

Loreeann32LLoreeann32 Posts: 76
edited 09/17/2012 - 1:06 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have posted alot of posts since my surgery, and before and it was on August 27th. It has been 2 weeks? 3 weeks, I cannot count, This is going to be the 3rd week. This has started Friday, just one time, I got lightheaded and dizzy, and hot, like trying to sweat at the same time. I thought nothing of it, then on Sat, I had another one just like it, so I sat down again and it went away. Now yesterday, I was at church, and I started getting dizzy, so I figured maybe it is something to do with not eating, so I ate a few donuts and had some coffee. All day, getting up, and slow too, moving my head a certain way, laying in bed all night, dizzy. The worst is when I lay my head down as soon as I start to lay down, how the PT guy showed me to lay down, and that is the worst. I have to put my hands on my face, and I usually moan a little bit, cause I get so dizzy, like I am going to get sick. Well, I am going to call the dr when they open and see what he suggests, this is not good after a L3, L4 minumally invasive spinal fusion. My incisions are good, but my mom did notice that there is a staple still in one of my incisions just sticking out halfway. I still have the steri strips on 2 of my incisions. On the upper ones. I have a total of 4 two in incisions opposite of each other, 2 above my pants line, where I wear my pants, and two just a bit down where the bottom of my buttocks is. The bottom incisions is healing very well, and the upper one as well, but that is where one of the staples is sticking out. She told me she saw if there right after but did not touch it cause it was all scabby, and yesterday, I took a shower, and she seen it real good, and told me the dr. will have to remove it, it does not bother me at all, she did not want to. My mom worked in the medical field for a long time, so she knew what was up. But I wonder if that little staple sticking out can cause spinal fluid to leak? I just want to say that I am really impressed by the work of my nuerologist, and my spine dr on the fusion, because I have no more pain. I am off my pain meds. But I have not slept all night from being dizzy, so I just took 2 vicodin for my headache, and a muscle relaxer to help me sleep. Maybe I am being over dramatic, cause this has never happened to me before, but, has anyone else had dizziness like this maybe? Any suggestions, or advice, or even to make me not worry would help. I have been praying that this is not serious. I just do not want no one to mess with my spine, if this is serious.. Thanks...

L3-L4 minumally invasive spinal fusion, with cage and rods

L3-L4 minimally invasive spinal fusion L3 - L4 with cage and rods. Aug 24th, 2012
Hardware Removal Feb 24, 2014
DDD, Thyroid Disease
Lumbar Spinal Stenosis
SI Joint dysfunction

• Hi Lori! Sorry to hear about the dizziness. I experienced dizziness and vertigo so severe before my surgery I was laying down most of the time. It is one of the worst things I have ever experienced!

My dizziness was coming from my cervical spine and muscle spasms and spinal stenosis. I can not comment on dizziness related to spinal fluid leak, but I would definitely get the lumbar and cervical spine checked out. I hope you get the bottom of this soon!
    2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • My surgery was over 5 years ago and I still experience bouts of dizziness. It happens when I get up from my stress free lounge chair and also when I first lay down in bed. It takes a few seconds and it goes away. Doctors can't explain the cause. My feeling is it has something to do with pressure on my spine. It doesn't happen all the time but I'd say 3 to 4 times a week.

Emergency surgery in March of 2006 for spinal infection of L 2 and L 3. During surgery, discovered I had Cauda Equina Syndrome. Spine became unstable after surgery and had 360 fusion with 10 pedicle screws, plates and rods in April of 2007.