Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Traveling with pain

edited 10/12/2012 - 3:06 AM in Depression and Coping
I want to share my trip experience with you guys and gals , it might just bring a smile to someone..My husband wanted to take me on a trip to Gatlinburg tn one of my favorite places , I love those mountains , well the first trip we didnt get to go as my little dog starts pee pee blood , took her to the vet and paid for a 600.00 for a rock to be removed so I knew the trip was out then! After three weeks my little dog was better that was before labor day weekend my husband comes to me and says I have a suprise for you , hmmm he had worked extra hours and made enough for our trip to TN and told me to book us a pet friendly room..I found a very nice place and booked our room. We left on Saturday morning and it was a beautiful day , got to our hotel and the first thing my little dog did nerves I reckon was got right up in the middle of the bed and pooed , had to call housekeeping to bring a clean spread ..We went out that night and I had been wanting to eat at Joes Crab shack for a long time , one hour wait! It took us 3 hours in traffic to get there :( So we settled on mc donalds ) That night my back was hurting pretty bad and if any of you have spasms you know the warning twinges you get before hand ...Got in bed and felt like laying down on a rock , I knew that it was not going to be good ! Woke up early the next morning pain level around 8 or so ..I know smoking is not good for back issues or anything else but I had to walk ..Made my way outside and a lady was sitting on the curb smoking so im going to sit with her and smoke ( I love meeting people and talking) I sit down and its almost on the ground , the front desk clerk comes out to smoke and a spasm hit me in my back like a bolt of lightning , it took my breath..Both ladies were like are you ok at which point I could not get up or move!! The lady called the maintnance guy which ends up carrying me back to my room where my husband is sleeping , he gets his master key and somehow opens the door with me in his arms ..If you could have seen the look on my husbands face when he raised up out of that bed it was priceless! Needless to say we drove 3 hours to eat at Mc donalds ..We had to leave with me laying in the back seat screaming in pain ..No more trips for me!