Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Good day, I am about to embark on what I feel will be very stressful 4 months or so....that is living on very little money...until decision on disability.....I got to thinking it would be great to share ideas....of shopping for groceries on a dime, entertainment ideas........how to deal with the stress of it all etc......does anyone know of such a post or forum, or would start one etc? Nice to know none of us are alone in the battle.....thank you...

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,856
    identify what stress you will be under.

I dont think anyone could respond without knowing more about what you are talking about.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • ouch2oouch2 Posts: 1,270
    edited 09/20/2012 - 3:27 AM
    I am in the same boat that you are right now. I am awaiting decision about disability and it has put a huge financial strain on us. I did not apply right away as I hoped that I would improve after each surgery that I had. Alas...that did not happen. I have now been without an income for a year, and it is very difficult.

Due to pain, I really don't go out for dinner, movies, dancing,etc so save money that way. I am not on any sports teams, clubs etc that cost money. I would like to know how others deal with it as well. I used to love to shop, but now due to financial strain and the fact that I can't walk around the store, I don't do this anymore.

I wish you all the best with your disability decision, and hope that you are approved quickly.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012