Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

nerve study

I am seeing a nero surgen for lower back pain. he has done two different nerve studies on me one of my lower legs, and noe on my lower arms. can some one tell me what my lower legs and arms ie: wrists have to do with my lower back?

• Most likely nothing. He may of seen something in a film or report that indicated to him that you may have a issue in the cervical area. Best to just ask him why he did your lower arms rather then just guessing. Don't know what kind of trouble your having but a cervical issue can have a effect on the lower back as the spinal cord passes through that area first and a impingement up top can play into lower back issues.
  • Hi and like Bkins said most likely nothing. In my case my GP sent me to a NS for lower back issue that xray showed I needed surgery. NS was already putting me on his calander for lumbar fusion when I went to a Ortho spine doc for a second opinion. Ortho felt I did need lumbar fusion but want some more test first and wanted a entire spine MRI which is really three MRIs. Much to my surprise my spinal'cord was severely compressed in my neck. He saw something no one else did so I don't turn down test but now I do ask why. That ortho saved my life and had the same information the others did so it sounds like you have a good doctor that is looking out for you.

Do you have any issues with your hands, fingers or armpits? Keep in mind everything from your legs arms and torso go through the neck. I have a issue with one ankle now and with cervical damage with spinal'cord damage and a lot of lumbar damage they are having a real problem finding what is causing it. So to be safe let them test away.

Good Luck