Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Seroma (Lump) after back surgery

I had Back surgery (microdisectomy) just over 3 weeks ago for a Herniated disc that was causing numbness in the pelvis region. Surgery went well and numbness subsided. A week ago I noticed a large lump that turned out to be a Seroma about the size of a golf ball. Went to the doctor Thursday and they Drained it (about 50 CC's of fluid). Unfortunately the lumb returned that evening. I dealt with it over the weekend and have a call to figure out the next steps. It's starting to put additional pressure and hopefully not causing complications.

My questions are:

1. Do i have to just keep having this thing drained regularly which is only a temporary fix or will there need to be a follow up procedure.
2. How long till the body starts to absorb the fluid naturally.

Anyone else had similar issues I'd love to hear how they resolved this.

• I just found out I have a seroma/hematoma after having fusion of L2-3, L3-4, L4-5 3 months ago. I am having terrible pain walking, sitting and sleeping is impossible.The pain radiates from rt low back , sciatic, groin, hip and down leg. I have been given the run around and getting very frustrated. I am just starting to research this problem and finding similar stories. Hope to get some answers over the next few weeks.
  • I had back op on 7/12/2014
    Was told be pain free but am not .
    Have lump in my back and the pIan im in is just so not funny. Have been ringing doc but all there do is give me pain and nerve pills ( that don't work ). Also told doc this .
    Had another Mir scan now just waiting to find out . Unable to stand walk run or sit as pain too much .
    How long before the pain goes as unable to sleep due to pain .
    Someone please help