Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

A Triad

Chronic Pain,
even the words are dark and forboding no?
First, lets get one thing clear here, for some of us there is no destination,
There is only an unfolding journey.
There will be no way out
No way to ever feel "good" again
No way to ever be a "normal" person, ever.again.
got it?....

What YOU do have is,
A Heart to help you see
A mind to help you Reason
A soul to help you when you cant go on.

A Triad.

all these working together in accordance to their nature and in harmony may/will bring some balance into your journey.
if your angry, ask yourself why, what is the reason, what is the trigger?then, ask a fellow spiney, ask the hard questions, ask!

If your troubled, look for someone to confide yourself to, its ok

If your hurting, fight.

In my humble opnion, if your having trouble with yourself, the triad is out of balance.Youve let something outside affect you.
seek to learn yourself, there are depths yet to be plumbed, and pain yet to experience, and victory to achieve.

These are the cold hard facts of my life, and some of yours. Or will be for some of you.

But this wont "Be" your life, it wont be your existence, it wont and Cannot define who, what, and "when" you are(just because your less than able, a mislabel, your not disabled)... :) ( means that life has stopped here and forever), if you do then the fight is over,

This Beast doesnt make you stupid. It only re directs your attention fronm what needs to be done, (it comes at you sideways like).

This Beast will break your heart, if you want it to, if you let it...

It can Make
or Break you, your heart and faith...
If you let it.
So dont
Ranch.
William Garza
Spine-Health Mod
erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,040
    Its always good to read what you put together. You have a knack of combing Poetry, Verse and Wisdom all into a thread or post. I wil say to everyone, listen to what Ranchrand has to say, there are so many deep meanings behind what he is saying

He like so many of us understand the beast , so we all figure out ways to make sure that the beast does not overtake us and ruin our lives.

Once again, read what Ranchhand had to say in this post and it is worth your efforts in search back to some of his earlier posts....

My thanks to you as usual for understanding what this is all about
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Thank you for putting it in perspective....Im fighting!
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • ellencali said:
    Thank you for putting it in perspective....Im fighting!
    Good for you! I hope there is more fight inside than there is the beasts wiles. we may... wait, are here for a reason. your life is a book waiting to be written by a sometime unwilling author, but it is to be written, what will your pages say to the world?
    your allegory will define who and "why" you are, not "what" you became, because of what happened to you/
    Taking a proactive and active part in your pain will show the world out there that...Yes, this is how "I" am, i am a liitle slower, but my mind is sharp and my will is steel. an adage..."the armor or your mettle, will test the mettle of any armor". pain is a defense mechanism, and will use whatever avenue to get you to pay attention in the triad, and you can end up fighting yourself.
    Ellen, I hope you have sunlight at your back, and a clear eyed steel resolve to carry on the fight you have in you, its not the size of the fight thats important, its the fact that your able to carry the fight to the pain inside forward without fear!
    peace
    Ranch
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• dilauro said:
    Its always good to read what you put together. You have a knack of combing Poetry, Verse and Wisdom all into a thread or post. I wil say to everyone, listen to what Ranchrand has to say, there are so many deep meanings behind what he is saying

He like so many of us understand the beast , so we all figure out ways to make sure that the beast does not overtake us and ruin our lives.
    Hey Papa Ron!
    its like coming home to a welcoming hearth , i been away for a while, life is , well being life and ive been taking a beating, but still not broken, I hope life is being good to you today!
    Be strong and dont let the wee beasty nibble away at your triad no?

Once again, read what Ranchhand had to say in this post and it is worth your efforts in search back to some of his earlier posts....

My thanks to you as usual for understanding what this is all about
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• You continue to bring tears to my eyes. Good tears. While the beast is fighting for control, I have on numerous occasions said that this surgery was the best thing that happened to me. Pain and surgery have changed me. It is so easy to look at the negative changes that pain can bring, and up until the past few days I was able to concentrate on the postive changes. Pain has made me look at my life in such a different light. It has changed my relationships with everyone and after my surgery a light went on when I realized how many people have fought this fight with me over the years. I am very lucky to have a tremendous amount of family support. I see things with a different hue...what used to drive me has changed, what I want for my life and my children's future has changed....and I see most of these changes as good. I slowed, down...not by choice but my default. I will apologize again for my thoughts being a bit jumbled as the beast got the best of me last night and I am running on no sleep...but I take great notice of your thoughts, and the beautiful way you express them. I relate, and that is a true gift...for I see my battle in my mind...I am a survivor always have been, and it's this battle Ive been practicing for. Thank you! Ellen
    3 level fusion L3-S1 July 23, 2012
  • To a fellow spiney?
    Never!
    here in the trenches we got our backs!
    Its Spiney Fu
    Never give up
    Never ever give in.
    When you cant walk any more
    You crawl
    When You cant crawl anymore
    You reach out that hand and we'll carry you.
    Never ever doubt your capacity for endurance
    Never ever doubt your self
    Never ever Give up the fight, this is the good fight, this is the one youve been waiting on all of your life, get in the fight!
    and above all
    NEVER EVER GIVE IN!

There is no one here unable, or unwilling, to come running when you call out in despair.,
    your not alone in this. you are among a very special, very protective family here!
    there is no deep black or bottomless enough, that someone will not come for you.
    Ranch
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health

• lstellerllsteller Posts: 1,428
    edited 09/29/2012 - 4:09 PM
    I've bee fighting, and I'm winning! Doing a better job of it than Charlie Sheen, too. Physical therapy, exercise, and good nutrition help. Thanks for the creative use of words in the fight against the beast.
    3 level spinal fusion, L3/4, L4/5, L5/S1, November 2008. Stiff, but I can walk.
  • I plan on fighting, although more surgery is the last thing I want right now, I just scheduled one (shoulder) and consulted on another (L2-4). I'm going to fight until I'm as good as I can be. Be that what it may. I owe my family and myself to return to the best I can be. It may take several years to get through the process, but I've been in this process for 6 years now, after going this far how could I possibly quit and give up. Although there are times that giving up sounds so much easier, it's just not in my nature.

A great post ranchhand.

Sincerely,
    Gary
  • Long time no see! Very nice post as always and I'm glad you've impacted some lives.

For me, I'm not fighting, I'm coasting through it. It's as if the beast is a part of my every day and I just let him live there. I'll fight him after my surgery in Dec, but for now, I'll just live my life daily, taking one step at a time, coating along until it's time to fight again.

Don't get me wrong...he's not dormant, but he doesn't have all of me either - I won't let him.

Cathie
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.