Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Five level Fusion (C3-T1) - anyone else crazy like me?

Going in Nov 7. :) Anyone care to give me some words to the wise about this? I am happy to be having it done- really! I have been in chronic pain for about 5 years now, and off and on for 10yrs. We think it stems from a car accident when I was 16, and looking back I can see times when something hurt, or I had unexplained symptoms, and now I know it was related. No diagnosis until '02 though. I never put it together because I seemed fine after the accident.

After I heal- I'm going on a trip with my daughter somewhere sunny and warm :)

• Hello Bean,
    C3-T1 is a very serious undertaking. I was rearended about 15 years ago, and ever so increasing and spreading pain all over my body. Gone to chronic pain clinics, tried all sorts of drugs just to keep me going, now im disabled due to pain.
    In 2010 i had a only one level ACDF at C6-C7 that i was very reluctant to agree to. I can tell you that my life pretty much sucked because of pain ever since the accident till eventually not even the strongest pain medication was enough for me to make it to work and meet my other obligations. Never mind enjoying the life. I can tell you, that about 10 days after my ACDF and for about 3 or 4 days i felt the relief from the pain that was so wonderful that made me realize how much pain i was in over the years, and what i have been missing out on basically unable to enjoy the life. From that point on i have realized that there may be a treatment, surgery, procedure, that could restore my function and enthusiasm towards life. If you haven't by now, please get 2nd, 3rd and even 4th opinion before going forward with this surgery. There are excellent drs out there and also there are drs, regular people just going through the motions and trying to make a buck. What you are trying to do is get help and improve your life. Find the best drs that you can, and if multilevel cervical surgery is what they say you need to reduce or stop from progressing your symptoms, than have the best guy work on you. You must feel good about the procedure and the dr who is going to perform it for you. Good luck, do your home work, and i hope it will all work out.
  • First of all Good day! I would just like to give thanks to the admin who posted this one I really appreciate it thank you.
    Yeah right I totally agree with you! We think it stems from a car accident when I was 16, and looking back I can see times when something hurt, or I had unexplained symptoms. Keep up the good work and Godbless!
    Be with us to, buy instagram video likes