Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Have you heard of NEVRO ??

My hospital is trying to put forward a case for me having the Nevro spinal cord stimulator. It's different to any other SCS in that it is supposed to deal with back AND leg pain without feeling any sensation at all as the frequency is very high (or something like that). I cannot find any further information on it, apart from advertising stuff.

Do you know of this device - have you got one - does it work ???

Any comments would be useful, thank you.
2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!

• Jerome001Jerome001 Cocoa Beach, FloridaPosts: 118
    Sorry, it's a new one for me too but it sounds amazing! I have to turn my SCS up so high sometimes it is almost painful so getting the relief or distraction with out the intense zapping would be amazing! I look forward to you keeping us abreast of what you learn.Thank you! Jerome
  • Hard to find much info on. It looks like it is just starting a test trial in the US
    I hope it works out. Let us know if you learn any more
  • Hi
    Have you found out any more info on the Nervo unit.
    Has your doctor used them already?
    It sounds interesting

• my hospital has told me is that they have only fitted ONE so far. They have done many of the Medtronic devices, but this Nevro is very much new to them.

Because it's done on the NHS (and because it's very expensive, I understand), they cannot tell me how long it might be before I'm even considered a suitable candidate. They will be obtaining my MRI from a previous hospital and then taking my case to 'panel'. It could take months, even years and I may be rejected on funding grounds anyway. But I look at it this way: I've lost nothing by trying to find out, I'm still in pain every day and taking opiode medication etc which doesn't really help with the pain, it just makes me feel exhausted all the time, so if I get accepted, great, and if I don't, then nothing has been lost.

I actually contacted the Nevro Corporation to ask if they were trialling their device here in the UK. I did get a reply with a consultant's name in Leeds, South Yorkshire, so I may pluck up courage and chat to my local GP in the not too distant future. My GP would have to make the referral, but because the NHS is strapped for cash (as most companies are in the UK), it may be considered far too expensive to even progress on this route, I don't know. If I don't ask, I won't know I suppose.

If I do learn any more about the Nevro, I will certainly let you know. I just wish, if it did do what it says on their website, that I had it now!!!!

Hope you all have a relatively pain-free day today xx
    2 x Microdiscectomy 2005 / PLIFusion 2-level 2010 / revision surgery 2011 / NEVRO Senza spinal cord stimulator implanted February 2013. I WILL NOT GIVE IN / UP !!
  • I found this on the web it looks like something that might be good to try for those of us that cant handle the strong buzzing , it made my muscle want to spasm and I couldnt walk well..
  • backbback Posts: 190
    edited 10/24/2012 - 3:46 AM
    if your muscles were spasming and you were unable to walk, then the stimulator was turned up to high. I run my stimulator at a level where you can feel it but not to much. It doesn't override all of the pain at the setting, but it is helpful. I don't think your team helped you to see if it the stimulator could work. Mine only catches some of my nerve damage. I'm sorry your trial didn't go well.

• I am going for a mylogram in Decemeber to a great neuro surgeon and I hope that shows something other than the millions of issues I have , he saw something on my MRI that no one else has mentioned said it could be a tumor so I am putting my hope in him now and I will try the stim again at some point , it works for so many and the strange thing is , is that the external tens unit helps with the spasms ..I tried it on a lower setting ( this is funny) but it drew my butt up lol I felt like a whipped pup with its tail tucked ...
  • I currently have scs in and saw surgeon Tuesday and are replacing it with the new nervo in August I can wait