Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

long journey for SI fusion need help!!!

Been battling with si pain for 12 years, ever sense I slipped when I was pregnant. Went through therapy ever sense the beginning, and gave up when nothing was helping. Going back to therapy every so often when I would have flairups. Over the past 2 years I have been seen on a regular basis because its just gotten worse over the years. This past year I have been seeing a ortho surgeon wearing the si belt refuse to do therapy again cause it never worked before. The docs have been putting me on every med possible and have finally settled on morphone cause it has gotten so bad over the past few months I dont get out of bed often. I have a walker to help me get around but I really dont get out much. Finding a surgeon to do the surgery has been a nightmare. Just recently I found out I have to have my L5 S1 fused as well. Went and met with a neuro that has no experience with si fusion to discuss the l5 fusion today and we talked about my options and he handed me the info packet for ifuse. He said after learning about my case he does now agree that the si fusion is my best bet for starters since thats been my problem longer. He told me that he has never done it it but talked with the ifuse people got the info and is willing to go through the training to preform the fusion. Im a little nervous about being a guine pig but somewhere someone always has to be a first. Ive done a lot of reasearch on the internet about everything and I think I know more than the neuro does. So as of right now Im scheduled to have bilateral si fusion done as soon as he completes his training. Anyone out there has bilaterial fusion done with ifuse that can tell me about after the surgery and recovery? He doesnt know enough for him to know about recovery. Ive noticed that some are weight bearing sooner than others some are no weight bearing at all on one side with a unilaterial fusion but Im really puzzled about being down for bilateral. Any information or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am hoping to be a breakthrough patient in the northwest. Giving this dr the opportunity to open up his expertise to others that are experiencing the same problems I have been in the past 2 years. Heres to coming forth and opening up the options where si fusion doctors are more readily available to patients in the northwest that need relief to claim their life back.!
Any info and conversation is greatly appreciated at this time!

• MangophilMMangophil Posts: 13
    edited 11/02/2012 - 12:29 AM
    Send si-bone an email via their website and inquire to doctors in ur area that are trained in the infuse procedure! I had a similar situation of using a doc that was just trained versus a doc that had done 50+ surgeries. His experience in all facets from diagnosis to insurance requirements, to surgery and recovery became very obvious. In the end you want a correct diagnosis to make sure the Procedure is right for you.
  • There are no other docs in my area that do Ifuse and take my insurance this is my only option.