Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Zomorph to Fentanyl patches???

i have been on zomorph for over 14 months now and my doc seems to thiunk its time to change as the effefetivness is getting worse.. i was on 220 MG in a 24 hour period

now he has put me on 100mcgh patches but they wernt strong enough and i was getting with draw symptoms
he has now uped me to 125 MCg an hour 100 and a 25.. i am still getting runny nose and pain at night

i can get rrounf this by popping 2x 10 mg zomorph tabs every day

makes me feel normal and stops the rest of the pain leaks

my doc thinks im off the morphine tabs but ive worked out ive only got 20 days left of zomorph that im using to top up

i feel if i tell my doc im back on the zomorph as well as the patches he wont believe me as i told him last week i was off the zomorph all together

i have tried to not take them but i cant get through the day with the patches alone

i may be disabled but i can still take pictures :-)

• sandisandi Posts: 6,342
    edited 11/03/2012 - 8:05 PM
    It can take several days for the fentanyl patches to reach a peak blood plasma level, since it is absorbed through the skin, and needs to reach a steady state level in your blood stream. If I were you, I would immediately stop using the morphine based medication because all that you are accomplishing is raising your baseline dose of medications. The 125 mcg dosing is plenty of fentanyl so that any withdrawal symptoms that you may have been experiencing should have stopped by now....if you continue to use the morphine medication, you are not only increasing your baseline medication level but putting yourself at risk for respiratory failure, and should your doctor decide to test you, you will be caught using both medications which could put any further pain treatment at risk for not being able to be treated for pain ever again......
    What symptoms exactly were you experiencing?