Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I was in a car accident in February which caused traumatic isthmic spondylolisthesis at L4/L5 with a 14mm slip. I also have spinal stenosis at the same level. I have completed physical therapy, two facet joint injections and multiple MRIs and cat-scans. I am scheduled to have a ALIF on November 19 followed by a PLIF two day later. I am a Mom of two young ones so I want to get this over with and on to enjoying my life and kids. I am now just waiting for insurance to approve the surgery.

• Yhis is a great place for support and questioned. I had an ALIF & PLIF 10/29/12 and am now recovering of at home. Have as much fun as you can before. Also I have found that satin sheets and a bed rail are the best things ever. Love & hugs

Single level L5/S1 360 fusion with 6 screws and a rod (10/29/12)
    Diagnosis: Grade 1-2 spondylolithesis, Pars Defect, L5/S1 disc tear anterior and posterior, DDD, spinal stenosis
  • NJP2004NNJP2004 Posts: 10
    edited 11/05/2012 - 4:42 AM
    Thanks for the info! I will be sure to have as much fun as possible before the 19th.
  • nurseaprilnnurseapril Posts: 1
    edited 11/05/2012 - 9:31 AM
    I had a TLIF on l4 l5 ,l5 s1 5 weeks ago and will start my physical therapy tomorrow. Make sure you have help at home for the first week at least. I was in the hospital for 4 days, my husband stayed with me the rest of the week. With a ALIF and PLIF I am assuming you will need more help. All my children are also teenagers. Just make sure since you have two little ones that you have help for a bit. First 2 weeks were the hardest. It does get better, takes alot of time and patience I hope everything works out for you.
  • Welcome to spine health. You have come to a great place for information and support. It has been my lifeline while dealing with spinal issues.

Hope that your insurance approves surgery quickly for you. There is a great thread about surgery post op must haves http://www.spine-health.com/forum/treatment/back-surgery-and-neck-surgery/post-op-must-haves-0 that discusses helpful things to have.

Look forward to hearing more from you leading up to, and after surgery. We are always hear to listen and share experiences.
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Thank you for such a warm welcome. I am so happy to have found this site as I see a lot of people are going thru the ups and downs of spine health. I was starting to feel like I was the only one who had been thru this..