Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain from under shoulder blade to fingers 24/7

I figured I would find some were to post just to get it out and see if anybody had any sugestions. I've been having back pain for over two years and have been seeing a pain speaclest. I have two herneated disk in my upper back and two bulging in my lower back, not due to any accident or anything I can pin point just due to working hard all my life and playing even harder (such as break dancing, jumping from bridges and climbing anything around as a child). I just resently swiched jobs so I'm with out insurance for the 90 day waite period, thats why I'm here to see if there is any sugestions to help me get through. Since just before I lost my insurance I started getting a constant pain in my elbow that I thought would go away, but now it's been over 4 mounths and it is now turned into a sharp knife like feeling under my shoulder blade that radeates down to my fingers and is there 24/7 easing up and getting worse but never going away. None of my meds seem to make it any beter and the streaching doesn't eather. I'm worried about permanite nerve damage but until my insurance for my new job kicks in there is nothing I can do as far as seeing a doctor. I would like to find a way to reduce the swelling at home. I am a proud father of 2 realy big boys, a needs to be held 2 year old and a extremely high energy autistic 3 year old that needs daddy to play with him to make his and my day feel complete and I can't and won't tell them that I can't or won't. But I can't sleep through the night any more due to the pain and the days are not any beter and it's only getting worse. I've been using bio freeze, anti anflamitories, muscle relaxers and pain pills. I know not the best way to live. Does any body know of some kind of trick to ease the swealing, any kinda of streaching that I might not have tried or maybe something else that I might not have heard or thought about. I figured it would have to at least be worth a shot. "If you never ask then you'll never know". I only have to make it until january first and then I'll probly spend the next two weeks at dr's apointments. Thank you in advance for any sugestions.

• Surely preventing permanent nerve damage is worth more than a few doc fees.

You must have had MRIs to know about the herniated, bulging discs and seen spinal surgeons. So you probably know the deal and the risks.