Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Muscle guarding? Severe pain between shoulder blades

I am waiting to see a neurosurgeon. I have three moderate disc herniations (one with spinal cord compression) in C4-C7. The thoracic spine was not imaged. I have ridiculous radiculopathy that causes severe pain and weakness through my right arm and shoulder even though the MRI showed no nerve root impingement on my right side

Starting 2 days ago, I have a new pain as well. It feels as if I have a huge stitch, knot, ball...something right in between my shoulder blades but more to the right side of my spine. It increases when I carry anything with either arm or lift either arm over shoulder height or stretch out either arm to full extension in front of me. I am also starting to get tingling into my left arm and feel pain under my rib on my right side as well. It hurts more when I move, so does that mean its muscular? Or do I have another undiagnosed bad nerve compression at about the T-5,6 level? Also, I have been having chest pain esp when bending forward and been short of breath at times. (I've had my heart checked, its not that). Just wondering if anyone has any experience with pain in this area.

• barcabbarca Posts: 24
    edited 02/05/2013 - 11:29 AM
    I have that feeling too...its horrible...my mri showed herniated discs in T-spine....you should push for an MRI of your T-spine even though most doctors will tell you unless you can't walk its not worth surgery..