Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie Scaredy Cat

Discectomy , cervical disc decompression, DDD, lumbar and SI problems. 9 neck epidurals, 3 MRI's' 1 lumbar epidural, 1 SI joint injections, fibromyalgia, nerve damage in both arms and hands, 3 nerve conduction tests. Restless Leg Syndrome.

SCS 2009

Current pain meds tramadol 50, flexeril 10, cymbalta 60, butrans patch 20

In two days having Radio Frequency done for SI.

Have vicariously scoured and read so much here since before getting my SCS I feel I know so many of you here. Been reading different postings on the RF. Really feeling down despite my struggle to always smile. Do any of you have any pointers for me concerning being comfortable after procedure? Do they give you something other than your regular pain meds when they send you home? I am so tired of hurting. It's wearing down now which is why I suppose I officially joined. For 3 years I have read so many forums and I just am feeling scared about the pain and recipe time. If you have discussed this ad nauseum please don't feel the need to reply. I'll just search for more.

Anyways, "Howdy Y'all". Hope I did my intro right...lol

Herniated disc C5 C-6, DDD, Fibromyalgia, Nerve damage both arms, Disc Decompression, SCS 2010, Si joint pain, many epidurals, mri's, trigger point injections. Nerve conduction tests, RFA 11/28/12, RLS

• Welcome to the forum. There are many good people here who have lots of experiences and who have gotten me through so many tough times:) I had a RFA this morning and the pain since the Marcaine he put in to help numb wore off after about 4 hours and pain has been pretty intense. They gave me a Fentanyl lollipop to help with anxiety before the procedure. I was not sedated because he had to make sure he was in right spot by sending short bursts of electrical currents and I had to be awake to tell him. Thank goodness the lollipop kept the anxiety down because it was an uncomfortable procedure. I did not ask for pain meds because I already get from my primary but there were a couple there this morning in the office who asked for pain meds and were told that they could not get from his office as this was just PM procedure clinic. I am not sure how your clinic works but if pain is not being controlled I would call my primary or PM whoever prescribes your meds and talk to them. I am sorry that your pain is not controlled. I won't know for up to several months whether the procedure works but I hope that you do get some relief from yours. I will let you know how I do. Take care and please PM me with any questions.

• Kamgram:)

I def agree on painful part. However I did choose sedation since I didn't really know what to expect. I have pain in my lower back going down my rear to my hips and knees but the paper they gave me said that is normal. He had to ask me questions too so I don't know how much the sedation helped. Then had almost an hour drive home.

My pm doc office is five minutes away, but I had to go to his other office for this procedure. Have no idea how long RFA takes to heal, but glad it's over with.

So you had something already that you could take for pain, that is good ,and I sure hope you got some relief from it. I've just got to tell my pm that I am at the end of my proverbial rope. It just isn't helping enough. I have been hurting for many years just thinking a lot of people hurt like this too and just trying not to take anything heavy. Today the nurse doing my IV said I must have a high tolerence for pain meds. Not really sure what that is supposed to mean. I do know I can ice but not heat.

Thanks for the advice, Kelli. If it hurts like this tomorrow, I'm calling. I have to call them anyway to make an appt for 2 weeks follow up. So it is like a 6-8 week healing time before all the nerves are dead? I know they can grow back. I read where someone has had 3 of these done and had gotten pretty good results. I hope we are in the catagory of good results!

Also I would love it for you to take the time to keep me up on your progress, good and the bad. I know I have better days and worse days. And it would be nice to talk with someone else who has chronic pain. So, I hope to hear from you and we can cheer each other on! Please feel free to pm also. Now I have to see how to do that. Thank you again for the welcome and I too wish you the best of luck and success..

P.S. I had to laugh about the fentynal lollipop! Haven't heard of that before but sounds like a good idea!

Herniated disc C5 C-6, DDD, Fibromyalgia, Nerve damage both arms, Disc Decompression, SCS 2010, Si joint pain, many epidurals, mri's, trigger point injections. Nerve conduction tests, RFA 11/28/12, RLS