Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

January Buddies

I am looking for some advice, in Febuary 2012 i broke my back and had an operation and had T10 and T11 fused by using a bone graft from my hip, i had 2 x rods fitted and 4 screws, over the last 8 months the bone graft has never repaired and the vertibrea has worn down that far it is now a triangle shape at put a 40 degree bend on my spine, this in turn has caused one of the screws to snap, so all in all my back is still broken and one of the rods is floating, you can imagine the pain, i take 30 tablets a day to help this, i cant stand for long about 2 mins and only walk about 50 meters, i cant lift anything more than a kettle, i have lost my job over this, although the didnt say that when they made me redundant.

i have just seen my consutant and he has said i need to have another operation to remove the rods and screws and REMOVE T11 and fit a brace in its place then refit new rods, he will open up my ald scar and also cut open on my side to enable him to remove T11, sounds scary, i already have a lot of nerve damage from my accident i have a numb feeling all accross the bottom of my back and also in the top of my left leg which goes down to my knee.

Just been told my operation is in January 7 hour operation, should i be looking forward to it, hope it works.

has any one got any experience of this that would put my mind a rest of what to expect.

Thank you