Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain pump info

I am a chronic painsufferer with 4 back operations. I've been on oral meds for 7 years but I have reactions to any oralmeds. I also react to dilaudid and fentynal so the only med I could tolerate is morphine. I'm afraid of what will happen if the morphine doesn't help, but I live in Fl and it's become impossible to continue with oral meds so my PM doctor wants me to consult with a colleague about the pain pump. Any thoughts or info would be greatly appreciated.

• patwhite101ppatwhite101 Posts: 1,213
    edited 12/16/2012 - 7:25 AM
    I have had a pain pump for over 2 years. If I were you I would go for it!! I have Dilaudid in mine(my own choice) but most Doctors prefer using morphine and with great success. I do not even think about my pump. It's there in my side doing it's job. I go in for a refill every 5 months and for increases when I need one. I will send you a PM very soon with more information that can help you decide.