Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Posterior Laminectomy pain after 1 1/2 years

I had and ACDF (C 4-C5) w/Fusion and Plate in 2006 due to severe OA, Stenosis and Bone spurs.
Then had Posterior Laminectomy (C3-C7) June 2011 for same reasons.
Now having severe pain in same area and intensity as prior to surgery.
doc shceduled for January but would like to know how many others are dealing with same issues.

• Hello ma659, I had essentially the same but in reverse order. I am now a year and a half from a botched multi-level posterior Laminectomies, discectomies and fascetectomy's. 2 weeks ago I had the corrective surgery- a fusion through the front (ACDF). I am so pleased to say It seems the many problems caused by the first surgery seem to have been corrected by this multilevel ACDF! I am not without pain yet (unless i take the painkillers) and I am taking it very slow but I feel that I will make a full recovery if I follow the limitations set by the procedure. The retrolethesis of c4 c5 and resulting thickening of the ligamentum flavum was of great concern to me as there is no cure for that thickening of Ligamentum and is very painful. I also could not continue living an active life with the instability.
    Before I had this corrective surgery, the pain from the instability caused by the posterior laminectomy was severe and dibilitating. I lost the strength in my dominant right hand and fine motor control which meant I could no longer work. I already see progress in terms of motor control 2 weeks out. (my c6 nerve was freed during the surgery)
    Did you have the requisite hardware to address those instability issues associated with laminectomy? Have you examined your mri's for new spur growth and thickening of ligamentum flavum?