Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello everyone

I am doing well. Last year MRI indicated severe spinal stenosis at L4 with minimal spinal fluid signal. Opted physical threapy and 3 steroid injection. Few months later experienced cuda equina syndrome, emergency decomp that day. 5 weeks later underwent 2nd surgery, laminectomy at L4. Gait did not improve. MRI of full spine indicated 3 inch extradural tumor compressing spinal cord, underwent 3 level laminectomy in thoracic. It was also noted at this time that 4 vertebrea in upper thoracic have fused on anterior side. Dr said I really trashed my back some time in the past. Probably from extreme sking when I was young and foolish. After third surgery gait continued to deteriorate. One Dr said they were so focused on spine that they think they ignored neurological problems. He thought I had Parkinsons, something like that. Saw a bunch of Drs and learned about conversion disorder (psychosis). Neurologist said it was conversion and maybe organic, psychiatrist said definitely organic. Well last month they found a tumor at base of brain.
Chronic pain I have learned to live with. Getting jerked around by doctors has been the real challenge. Told my primary care Dr. no more MRIs and surgeries. Just want to enjoy my life and not spend my days being played by neurologists and surgeons. I know my spine is a mess and now with a tumor in brain just want to be left alone to enjoy time with my wife and dog.

• Hi Dave,
    I'm glad your wife and your dog are a source of comfort for you in such tough times.
    Is your dog an Akita?
    My boyfriend would like to get an Akita too. He says they are wonderful dogs.
    I'm sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis.
    I hope you're getting everything you need to cope as best as you can.
    Sending you good karma and peace
    Happiness is your chronic pain being less than it usually is...

Migraines and so many herniated discs (the same ones over and over) that I have literally stopped counting