Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What's your favorite position?

I'm 5 days post-op TLIF. I'm so happy to be home and staying on top of the pain meds. My initial pain (pre-surgery) is just about gone but my left leg still feels like a log and I need help lifting it and making it do what I need it to do. I know it will take some time for the nerves to repair itself (if that is even possible). Anyhow, I've been having a difficult time with getting comfortable. When I lay down I get really bad spasms that hurt like hell cause I jump and cringe. So I have to position myself ever so gently where my back and legs are relaxed, but the rest if me is all contorted. I've been waking up with stuff necks and headaches. When I sit, I feel as though my left side is so swollen And it truly hurts to make it sitting still long enough. Today I did lay down on the couch..... It was perfect! And I fell right asleep!! Till my leg decided to wake up and start gnawing at me!!!
So I'm trying the best that I can, promping myself with pillows and all, but is there anything or any position that those who have had their surgery could share that I could give a try? The only thing I don't have is a recliner. I appreciate any advice!!
Bigmamaree
Lumbar DDD
TLIF 1/2/13
advertisement

Comments