Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New here

Hi all, my name is Melissa and I am a 33 mother of 2 kids. I have had back issues since I was a child. Any time I went to a doctor for it they would just tell me I pulled a muscle and wouldn't take me seriously. FINALLY in 2011 a doctor took me seriously only because I started getting very bad sciatic nerve pain from my low back all the way down my right leg. They did an MRI and noticed a disc had ruptured and pieces of the disc was imbedded in my sciatic nerve. They did surgery to fix that in June of 2011. It helped the nerve pain but now I have parts of my leg and a couple toes that are numb and tingly at all times. And the surgery did not help my back pain. So after many injections and physical therapy they did another MRI and noticed L5 was pretty bad. So October 18th of 2012 they did a fusion of L5/S1. Recovery has been going alright I think. Still lots of pain. I wonder if the pain will ever go away all the way. They have said that L4 isn't good either but they didn't do anything with it so I probably have more surgery in my future.

Thats my story. Feel free to talk to me. I'm open to advice on how to help my pain or things I can do. Also, fighting a nasty cold right now so if anyone can help me with ways to sneeze and cough with out feeling like I'm tearing my back apart that would be great! :)