Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

leg pain after surgery please help!

Hi all,

I cant reach my surgeon until Monday and I am trying to figure out what is happening. I had surgery on e week ago on my sacroiliac joint (IFuse Implant System) . They placed three implants across the joint. I am non- weight bearing on the surgery side. I used a walker when I first got home but now use a wheelchair due to poor coordination. I was in good shape prior to the surgery with a limp when the pain was too bad. I had some knee pain which may have been related to early sciatica. This is my first surgery. I don't know if what I am experiencing is normal. All the tendons/ligaments on the outside of my leg are painful, feel achy and I keep having to rub them real hard which extends down to my pinky toe. The whole side also feels like its cool to the touch and also feel a sensation of cold. I don't think the muscles are in spasm but the pain is bothering me more than the surgical incision (outside buttock) and the implants (near the spine). Any ideas what this is? Does it sound normal? Can I do anything for it? Am I going crazy ( a distinct possibility...I am not used to inactivity or staying indoors). Any ideas will be so.greatly appreciated!!! Please respond even if its a silly idea. Its really bothering me!