Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Pain management - Aromatherapy

Hi, does anyone know of a good aromatherapist in London UK? Central if possible!

I really want to get some aromatherapy massage as I really think it could help my back pain. My mum used to practice aromatherapy (along with lots of other treatments like sports massage and reflexology), and she has seen it work wonders (in terms of pain management) with people who are suffering with chronic pain. I can vouch for it too - I used to get terrible ear problems when I was a child, but whenever she treated me, it would go away almost straight away and for a long time afterwards. I don't know if it would work for everyone and I haven't actually tried it properly on my back yet, but I do use lavender on my back which helps and I use roman-camomile on my thumbs (where I suffer arthritis) and that helps to.

Unfortunately my mum lives far away from me and she doesn't practice it now anyway so she doesn't have the right 'tools' (massage bed, essential oils), so she can't do it for me. I need to find a good aromatherapist in London (preferably someone who is also qualified in other treatment too). I have done some internet searches but can't find much except professional courses! Please let me know if you know anyone.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,875
    I wish I could send you my Thai Deep Tissue/Sports Massage Therapist. This little man has kept me up and about. He also introduced me to essential oil aroma therapy was well as music relaxation. I have about 6 different oils, depending on how I am feeling, I will select one of them

But since you are looking for someone in the London, UK area, I cant be of much value. Now if you were on the East coast of USA, I could point you to many.

Good luck in your search
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • It's a shame I'm in London! Glad it's working for you :)