Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do you communicate?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
Communications: (from Wikipedia) is the activity of conveying information through the exchange of thoughts, messages, or information, as by speech, visuals, signals, writing, or behavior.

Communication requires a sender, a message, and a recipient. The communication process is complete once the receiver has understood the message of the sender.

How many times have we tried to communicate with our partner? Its never easy. We generally dont want to burden our partners with our problems.. That is wrong (at least to me). we need to be able to allow our partner to hear what is being said, for us to communicate to them our problems.

Then it is up to our partner on what action to take. We could see denial, we could see denial. could see awareness, but that doesnt always make it.

Communications is the key to relationships... If we can not communicate with the ones we love, who else can we talk to?

Iis easy to spill your guts to a stranger. They dont care, we really don feell good after that is done.

In order for me to communicate, I have to put aside any body language or facial expressons. Instead I need to pour it out from my heart.

When I communicate with others, I am not looking for them to try to make me better, instead , I just want them to understand where I am and how I feel.

I think this holds true with so many of us. We do not need to re-justify our pain or our problem. Instead we would want to have others that will listen.

Backl to the definition. We have something to communicate, to complete our process, we need to make sure there is someone who is listening.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,605
    edited 01/16/2013 - 5:32 PM
    "How many times have we tried to communicate with our partner? Its never easy. We generally dont want to burden our partners with our problems.."
    Hey Papa Ron, you hit a very valid point, the fact that we love, and that we would give our arm to avoid hurting them...can hurt us.
    you trust them, and they...you, but that trust has limits the ones you set and they limit true and deep, soul level communication.
    would they not gladly and surely carry you through any fire, any storm, without any moments hesitation
    so why do set an arbitrary limit, to cut them off from the process.

Pain IS a process
    there is rhyme and reason, to all the aspects, it is uniquly and totally yours to own..if you want to
    There is the mental aspect of pain
    There is the Physicality of pain
    There is the emotive aspect
    all these are the beast of the darkness.

and all of these triumverate are affected in two ways,
    the insidious creeping death of the soul,
    or the immediate affection of all three,
    but the effcts are the same.
    overload

and your partner may or not have the perspicacity, or the emotional depth to understand.
    That is where you come in
    first learn to communicate honestlyl
    if you cant? you can learn to. its not hard to open up..partly it is letting go ,of strength, yeah, I know, counter intuitive, but too many peoples EGO's are tied up in the mix, there is no room for ego in a deep communication level, it may mean an EEE.. ego extinction event.
    your body IS goin to fail you.
    you are going to have to ask for help
    and your going to get it, its easy after that.

there will be anger, denial, pain, anger, frustration, anger, failure, Pain, anger...
    a lot of your life will revolve around anger, and your partner may or not undrstand why.
    so open thy trap and emote words, explain, maybe even many times, enough times that YOU will finaly get it, its ok to talk about it.

they want to be a part of this, to fully immerse in the experience, to be with you through the fire.
    they want to be "there" each and every moment...but there is a very high price for this
    they cant help you
    they cant fix this
    they are reaching across the darkness, and cant reeach in and take it away...
    and its frustrating, and they will get angry,
    talk
    truthfully and with good intention
    help to " sit between yourselves"
    understand where each of you is coming from.

there is more, but ive chewed thine earbone enough, maybe ime wrong, misguided, idk, but if i have helped shed a candles worth of light, then i am content,

Papa Ron, it is a veruy good thing to communicate, great thread!
    William Garza
    Spine-Health Mod
    erator

Welcome to Spine-Health