Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

7 bulging thoracic or osteophytes.....a problem?

Hello i have had mri showing bulging in cervical (2) and and 7 bulging or osteophyte in thoracic(really, do radiologist have to make a decision?), bulge at l4l5 and herniation at l5s1. partial sacralization.

Thoracic pain is killing me. i shoveled and now have terrible pain in stomach back sternum, with nearly uncontrollable BM and urination. with acute bronchiole secretions causing lots of coughing when laying down for the night. I'm thinking its from a rotation in thoracic area.

nearly 3 weeks of muscle pain with gastro pain. Testicle pain and perineum pain.

anyone similar and what options worked. OMT, NMM, cranial sacral and lymph drain help.
mri low lying cerebral tonsils.
pain management (manual)
no pain meds (just pushed anti depressants.)
migraines since 3yrs old now 28 male

• Does your doctor who ordered your MRI scan know that you are having problems controlling BM and urine?
    Also they should be aware of the testicle and perineum pain
    If you have not told anyone of these symptoms, you should do so very soon. It could be a sign that things are getting very serious and should be investigated.

I feel for you having discs in the thoracic spine that are causing problems. I also haave 3 discs in my thoracic spine, 2 of which are slightly compressing my cord. I do get pain and symptoms but generally I cope with it. At the beginning of this year I had an awful flare of pain that almost had me going to the hospital. I hope I never have pain like that again!

I also have problems in my neck and lumbar spine. I had an L4/5 fusion in 2010 and had a 2 level ACDF 10 weeks ago.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on with this. :-)
  • Back pain is the worst because it leads to so many problems! Problems people can't even fathom because they don't get it. I have suffered from Cervical, Thoracic and Lumbar pain for 22+ years and it doesn't get better it only gets worse. Recently, I was diagnosed as an incomplete C5-C6 Quadriplegic with neurogenic bladder and bowel You know what the scary part is? diagnosing yourself because there is no way you can have herniated discs in your thoracic spine. Many MRI's later it was determined what I knew so many years ago. I have 8 bulging discs in my thoracic, stenosis C3-C6 in my cervical (laminectomy in 08') and stenosis in my lumbar spine. I have so many other things wrong that it becomes so confusing what to mention to the doctor. Surgery is in March for a costotransversectomy, T6-T7 discectomy and T4-T9 fusion. I am freaked out because in my case its 50/50 becoming a complete paraplegic.