Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

8 months post op Fusion and still in pain :-(

Hi again all,

So It's now been 8 months since my L5 S1 fusion and I am still on a lot of pain.....my legs are still agony and the sciatica has reared its ugly head again.
I had another MRI a couple of weeks ago and am waiting to see my surgeon for the results but he has already said that if it's not another disc problem then I'll just have to accept it and deal with it!
Still using arm crutches to walk any distance as without them my back feels like it's being compressed from all angles and I end up in tears!
meds I am still on are Tramacet, Gabapentin, meloxicam, ibuprofen, paracetamol and obviously still taking the Lansoprazole and Motilium for my stomach.
Would love to come off of all of them but seriously I wouldn't function at all if I did!

Anyone else still having problems this far out??

• I'm considering surgery...but like alot of individuals on this site, I do my homework. My question to everyone who has had surgery is this, "Are you happy with the outcome of your surgery? Why or Why not? Your input will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you & Take Care.
  • Hi Scuba,
    Before my surgery I had severe sciatica in my left leg and major lower back pain due to Spndylolisthesis. Since the surgery my lower back pain has mostly gone and the sciatica did go until I had the hydrotherapy - 1 session did something and it has returned! As above I have a lot of leg pain which I can't even describe to you....it's not a specific pain like the sciatica but it is constantly there. I am glad I had the surgery as I couldn't continue as I was pre op but I must say I didn't expect to be in this much pain this far down the line.....although everyone is different and I have seen people who have recovered excellently within a month or so!
    The question you need to ask yourself is this "can I continue with the pain I am in?" ... there was no way I could hence why I had the op.