I am 30 year old and underwent L5-S1 Microdisectomy in 2010, which has relapsed. My fresh MRI is indicating that, I also have slip disc at L4-L5, L3-L4. I m suffering from extreme leg pain, I m not able to move at all, the comfortable position for me is only resting in bed. I m off work from 2nd Dec 2012 till date ( 24th Jan 2013) but no relief. I also underwent Nucleoplasty + Epidural Steroid Injection in L4-L5 on 12th Jan 2013, but no relief in pain.
I have tried, Physio, neuromuscular massage, spinal maneuvering massage, chiropathy and I have lost all the hopes.
So finally doctor is suggesting for L4-L5 & L5-S1, Microdisectomy. I want to know following:
1. Is it safe to operate two disc at the same time?
2. Would it make my back very weak?
3. should I wait for more time, before I proceed for surgery?
4. How will this impact future pregnancy, after undergoing Microdisectomy ? is it safe for the back to get pregnant?
5. My doctor also told me, my spinal canal is narrow, anything which can help me?
I m very scared, before my pain started, I was planning to start a family. I m really concerned about long term implications.