Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

level 3 acdf with own bone from hip

Wow...went into surgery 730am friday morn 1-25-13 and home now at 1045am Sat 1-26-13! Had a complete levl 3 acdf C4-C7 and all went well.Also had my own bone taken from hip...thought it was best...lol. All those horror stories Ive heard about were rediculous..lol. Howver I realize everyone is different. I myself have minimal pain and what pain I do have is mainly in hip where they shaved some bone for fusion. As for neck...am in a neck brace now and will be for approx 6-8weeks...small price to pay...lol.Prior to surgery I was experiencing bad arm and neck pain with numbness and tingling.All is gone now...WOOOHOOO! Sorry to ramble here folks...still on meds from hosptial..lol.
Thanks Matthew

• That's great that all is going well. I am now 3 months post-op from a two level cervical fusion (C3/4 C4/5) and am in a collar, too. While fusion had started by 6 weeks, after taking an x-ray, he wanted to make sure that the fusion made more progress before releasing me from the collar. I go back on January 30th to see if the fusion has progressed. I am VERY ready to be out of this collar after being in it for more than 3 months. :)

And yes, every person is different. My surgeon found no reason to have me heal from the hip portion of the surgery (which could lead to its own complications, possibly) and said that what he does is mix my bone (from whatever he removed from my neck) with cadaver bone, which I actually thought was pretty cool and made sense. Hopefully, I will never have the need to go through this again to know which worked better! haha

It's nice to hear you are home and doing well.
    Good luck to you!
    10/26/2012 ACDF C3/4 C4/5 surgery
    No pain; no pain meds - thank goodness!
    04/01/2013 - 5 months + 1 week - FUSED
    Doing some physical therapy for even better range of motion