Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

will i need more surgery

After 4 years of been in constant pain every day and night, numerous
injections, epidurals ect, pain meds tramadol, diclofenic, co codamol,
bu trans patches they decided to operate, i had the surgery in August
2012, decompression on L4/L5 i followed there instructions not to lift
anything n take it easy for 6 weeks, the first 4 weeks was great
had a few niggles but thought it was just the healing procedure plus
i have arthrities in my spine, 1 morn i went to get out of bed and was
in agony i tried 4 over 2 hours eventually i phoned 4 my daughter 2
come and help me, Doctor came out and told me to carry on with the
meds and then i saw the consultant who said it looks as if it hadn't
worked and was to have another MRI scan which i did on the 2nd Jan
2013, my results have come back stating there is persistant stenosis
at L3/L4 but there is also a disc prolapse at L5/S1 I see the
consultant again on the 8th Feb 2013 to discuss the issues but the
last time i saw him he said i may need more surgery, has this
happened to anyone else??? and looking at the results on my MRI it
looks as if i have more problems than b4 i had surgery!!! at my
wits end now HELP!!! ty Marian


  • the surgery part was ok although i was in intensive care for 5 hours which they said i may be ( due 2 breathing probs asthma & c.o.p.d ) but iv'e heard loads people saying they was ok after surgery i must be 1 of the unlucky 1s lol, but if more surgery is needed i will have it and hope this time i will be pain free, because i carnt go through life in this pain 4 much longer its unbearable, i carnt walk 2 far carnt sit 4 to long even sleeping is unbearable as every night i wake up with sever cramp its takes about 1 hour of massaging my leg to get rid of it and when its gone i get pins n needles so i dont get much sleep just want it sorted once and 4 all,
  • Don't be afraid of surgery. I understand BUT for as many say it hasn't worked there are countless you don't hear about because they aren't on here to tell you. Remember YOU must decide, regardless of how someone else's outcome is. IT CAN and does help many people to be able to carry on and function.
  • well i will have to wait and see what the surgeon say's on friday then, i just thought someone else would have been through the same as me and would have liked to see there comments on it, i know theres hundreds of people suffering from the same thing, oh well for now its * keep on taking the meds 4 me *
  • Keytan the surgery part was ok, just didnt work on me, but im willing to give it another go n hopfully this time it will work, as ive said iver suffered in constant pain for over 4 years now day in day out, i was on all sorts diff meds, injections, epidurals ect, and still am on meds now, when they decided enough was enough and surgery was the last option i had my 1st MRI scan in the June and had surgery in the August so wasnt a long wait only problem was the Hospital was a 3 hour journey from my home and if i have to have more surgery be going to a diff hospital about 10 miles from the last 1 i was in because of my breathing probs ect this other hospital is a lot more equipt, i feel 4 ev 1 who suffers this damn pain infact its worse than giving birth, hope you get sorted soon Keytan , nkay and all other sufferers Keytan where are you from? :-) x
  • mazzababemmazzababe Posts: 24
    edited 02/02/2013 - 5:01 AM
    oh Canada very nice,. im in Cumbria the lake district in England, well i hope you make the right decision on wether ur going to have it or not, but the length of time iv'e been in pain enough was enough, just a waiting game again now till next friday the 8th plus its my birthday that day 2 lol
Sign In or Register to comment.