Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Laying on your side?

Ever since I got my injury and discovered I had DDD it's been painful, uncomfortable and all around pretty impossible for me to lay on my side for sleep or just resting. It feels very painful, hard almost like I'm balancing on it in a way and I'm extremely aware of it's presence. Has this happened to anyone else,
be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind ••• Dr. Seuss

• mymaiammymaia Posts: 6
    edited 02/08/2013 - 3:19 AM
    It is definitely more challenging to lie on your side with any back pain or nerve issues. I have found the best solution to this when lying in bed is to put a thick pillow betwwen your knees. It has to be thick enough to make it so your legs are parallel to each other. This keeps your back in alignment and your hips in the best position. I find it impossible to sleep on my back because of the stress this puts on my spine itself so lying on my side is the only option. I just had to find the best position for me and keep my alignment in a good position. I also have to switch sides often. I wake up often, but I have found that the sleep I am getting is more restful and less uncomfortable. Unfortunately it is just something you have to work on, trying to find what works for you. Good luck finding your sweet spot.