Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How to treat gout problems?

I have this painful condition in my feet that’s been going on these past weeks; friends tell me it’s probably gout. I say, maybe it’s just a sort of pain that is caused by a daily 5 blocks walk from and to work. However, I wonder if it is how can I treat it to prevent from getting worst?

• i have had this condition off and on..(Gout).. It mainly strikes the big toe.. Caused by excessive Uric Acid in
    Your system,and I think a blood test would confirm it for you. some of my friends take Cherry Juice and it helps.
    I take medication to prevent it so I don't get it as severe as before I started that.. it is a form of Arthritis..
    Good Luck to you! it can be very painful!!
  • tiredmomttiredmom Posts: 4
    edited 02/05/2013 - 4:40 AM
    My husband got gout after Thanksgiving 2011. His big toe was killing him, like he sprained it or something. It didn't go away after a few weeks, so he went to the dr. and he was diagnosed with gout. He took pills for it and was also given a low purine diet to follow. I would recommend you "google" purine diet or gout and see what you can find. The dr said that a lot of people develop this after holidays when they eat a lot of rich food, drink beer, eat creamy things, etc.

With treatment, it will go away. You might need the pills to take away the gout now and then follow the diet to keep it away. Drink lots of water to help flush your system too. It's a very odd condition, but it's often lumped with arthritis types of things. Odd, huh?

I would definitely see your dr and do some research on your own to see what you can find.

Good luck!
  • Hello,
    Gout is problem on which we gives so much attention when it feel. But after it pain too much then we understand this is gone be horrible. have sour food like Tamarind and vitamin c full food.
  • Hi, I was talking about my father's gout discomfort last Spring at work and a colleague mentioned he'd had success with a cherry juice formulation from Holland and Barrett. I passed the info onto my dad and he went to H&B to purchase the formulation. It completely works for him and he takes it daily. I also read that cherry juice helps insomnia. Best of luck, Emma.
  • Trader Joe's carries the best cherry juice.
  • myjade_84mmyjade_84 Posts: 23
    edited 06/20/2013 - 2:07 PM
    I think your symptoms will lessen if you will change your diet. Like any other disease, gout is caused by the foods we eat. Always remember, you are what you eat. Try to cut off meats,alcohol,coffee and purine-rich plant foods such as lentils, peas, beans, mushrooms, cauliflower and spinach. Drink more water and have cherry juice like what Emm_LC advised. Hope this would help.