Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Exercise tips for C-5 herniated disk

2 weeks ago I was recently diagnosed with a herniated disk between my C-5/6. I have severe arm pain but I am getting physical therapy done. I want to speed up the process. Can someone give me any exercise tips I can do at home or treatments.

• As I was in limbo waiting for my surgery to be scheduled at the C4/5 level I was at a loss when it came to exercise. Before the flare up and need for surgery I was training hard in the gym and when I was forced to stop it was heart breaking. I found an amazing water aerobics class (sounds a bit foofoo but is not). I altered many of the exercises that I knew were bad for my neck but being able to move my body and know I was getting a decent workout in was amazing... Not to mention exercise helps my mood in drastic measures. I remained in water aerobics until the day before surgery and as soon as I was cleared to go in the water after surgery I did a lot of my rehab in the water. Good luck
    10-10-12 Endoscopic Foraminotomy, Laminectomy, Facetectomy and Complete Nerve Root Decompression.