Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

HELP. Advice needed

I really hope someone can give advice:
I had a right sided L4 - L5 decompression and micro discectomy on Feb 2nd 2013, I'm experiencing extreme pain in my right hip and right leg ( feels like I've been hit by a bus ) on a scale of 1-10 my pain is about 50 and I'm not exaggerating
I have been to the GP who has upped my meds to 3x 25mg pregabalin, 7.5 mg Meloxicam, 4 Co-Codamol 30/500, he's put me on 3x 2mg diazepam, and 5x10mg Amitriptyline on a night.
I only had surgery on feb 2nd and things went really well no pain whatsoever!

But over the past 3 days I've had excruciating pain in my right leg from the hip , down the front of my right leg and into my calf ( no pins and needles in toes ) I'm finding it really difficult to walk the pain off , even when I lay down it kills baby one any ideas what this could be ???? I don't expect you all to be doctors/ neurosurgeons but please help me .... I'm seriously considering a trip to A&E this morning as this pain is so unbearable

Thanks in advance
Craig Lassey

• Welcome to the forums.

I think the only advice for you is to call your surgeon ASAP and find out what is going on!!

Good Luck!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • You need to call the surgeon ASAP and ask to see him immediately for x-rays. Better safe than sorry. Best of luck.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • Saw my GP 3 days ago and he has put me on 100mg Pregabalin 3x a day and also put me on ora-morph every 4 hours phoned my surgeons secretary and I'm still waiting to hear from him .... Looks like another MRI and possible leak from discectomy but won't know for sure till I've had scan
    If I ain't heard anything by lunch time today I'm gonna phone hospital where I had surgery for advice !!
    Craig Lassey
This discussion has been closed.