Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 weeks after laminectomy

Prior to my Laminectomy that I had 4 weeks ago I had numbnes and tingling all down my left leg; which also gave out when I tried to walk. The doctor said that what he removed was "crazy big" and would have had permanant damage if I waited another week. Since my surgery I have been sick with a bad cough and lots of sneezing along with high fever. (My back did not like the coughing and sneezing). This has kept me from doing a lot of walking and more time in bed. I still have a very tight feeling in my back along with the tingling and numbness down my leg. My leg does not give out and I am not in nearly the same amount of pain as before surgery. Is the tight and locked up feeling in my back and numbness down my leg and in my toes normal? Biggest fear is that the surgery did not work like I hoped for. I'm not in the best shape since I have been dealing with back pain for almost a year and that has not allowed me to be as active as I would have liked. I still took care of my grandson on the days I could and he is only 11 months and a very big boy. I am 45.
Maria Fernandez

• Maria....I had a 6 disc laminectomy back in June of this past year and another surgery, this time a discectomy 3 weeks ago. About 3 weeks after my first surgery the feeling that you are describing started to taper off.....the muscles in your back need to repair themselves after surgery and the swelling in the post area of your spine needs to decrease as well...I was asking the very same questions as you are right now after my surgery so I can understand just how you feel...hang in there and take it slow and day by day! God bless...Rus