Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

extreme back pain and leg pain

Since Oct 2011 I have had lower back and right leg pain with numbness in toes and rt foot and side of outer leg,had two MRI sine then and laminectomy decompression in surgery in September I feel worse.started pt back pain and leg pain is worse running out of patience..

• Have you let your PT know what is going on? I havehad multiple rounds of PT before and every single one of them very different (although they were all related to spine). My last therapist was constant exercises, etc and really began to wear me down. I finally had to just tell her that I had to spend the day in bed after the last session. So that session we did heat, and she did massages on certain areas and then light stretching. I found that helped so much I wish I had opened my mouth earlier. If PT can't give you some relief, then you need to make an appointment with your surgeon.
    33yo mom of two. My surgical history...preadolescence scoliosis, kyphosis, and a hot mess.... 5 spine surgeries and lots of items added I wasn't born with (titanium, peek, surgical steel). Guess cremation is out. TSA loves me.
  • I posted my MRI maybe you can look at it and tell me what you think my doctors are so short with me..I have a doctor appt tomorrow so I can let him know what's going on..thanks
  • Eastcoast,

I've had a fusion, and was just discharged from PT because it was making my pain worse. My experience with PT is it's all about percentages. What I mean is they don't really think about individualized care. They base their treatments on the 80% / 20% rule.

They have statistics and have you do exercises based on the most successful numbers. The problem with that is each person's condition is different, and the same exercises don't necessarily work from person to person.
    I recommend you make a journal of how you feel each day, and after each PT session. The psychical therapist you are seeing just wants to treat you, and get you out of their care, and you need to take charge of your treatment. It's sad, but they will treat you like a number and be done with you. The only problem is they could injure you along the way.

I hope that helps and let me know how it goes. Eric-

Left foramina stenosis of L3/L4 (retrolisthesis)
    L2-ilaic revision fusion ( loose screws) with a laminectomy at L3 (cage at L3-L4)
    (PLIF) -@ L4/ L/5 - S1 (cage at L4/L5)