Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

First time with pain management tomorrow

I have my first appointment with pain management tomorrow, not getting my hopes up, but happy it's finally here. My PT said she thinks he's great, that he doesn't like to prescribe opiates often (which is fine with me, I would love to be pain free without them) and most of her patients really like him, the ones that don't are the ones looking for opiates....lol. Is there anything I should do to prepare? Any questions I should be asking?

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I assume you have had your appointment. How did it go? Did he establish any action plan? Many pain management doctors like to use Spinal Injections as a course of action to address problems.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • jennafjjennaf Posts: 42
    edited 03/07/2013 - 1:38 PM
    The appointment went ok, but I'm getting different answers from different Dr's and it just makes me want to stop seeing all of them and give up. The pain Dr thinks it's muscular and not spine related (though the pain from the herniation and me guarding my right side so much caused the muscle issues), referred me for ASTYM therapy and possibly acupuncture and switched my ibuprofen to meloxicam. Told me if the meloxicam doesn't work to switch back to the ibuprofen. Will see him again in 2 months. PT also told me today that 1. she still has no idea what's wrong with me and 2. I could be seeing her for at least the next 6 months. Something's gotta give! I sure hope the meloxicam works so I can at least be pain free for a bit. Thank you for asking!

ETA: I forgot, pain Dr also told me today (after looking at the mri and xrays) that I had arthritis is my neck....I had no idea! Just confuses me even more!