Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Success stories?

Good day fellow forum members. I've just joined spine-health. I'm 40 years old, and for a few years I had moderate thoracic back pain, lumbar back pain as well. Nothing serious, more like a nuisance that would go away with some ibuprofen.

In October last year, I decided my home needed a fresh coat of painting. While working on that project, it happened… It was like somebody sneaked behind me an inserted a knife between my shoulder blades. My pain spots since then are in T4, T8 and T10.

I’ve been in treatment ever since, my MRI showed no damage to the spine whatsoever, and I have tried steroid injections, physical therapy and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which offer little or no relief. No opioids yet, I want to hold taking them as long as I can.

Some days are good, most days are bad, the kind of bad you just want to run outside and yell in desperation. Anyway, I just wanted to ask if somebody in this forum has a success story. Somebody who suffered this kind of torture and with the right treatment, exercise and drugs managed to recover.

I will greatly appreciate it. It will be an inspiration while I go through this hard time.

• So sorry to hear about your pain. As you go thrugh these forums you will see many people who have not had good recovery stories and many who are still in recovery. But if you look into older posts you will find many people who were active on the site that arent anymore. And although there can be many resons for that, one of those reasons is that those people recovered fully and moved on with their lives and did not need the support or advice of the forums.

Just keep doing what the docs advise and if things do not get better you may need to seek out new docs and/or treatment options.

Good Luck!!
    L5S1 REMOVED herniation. Years of pain & compression. Microdiscectomy complete!! Trying to be super smart & safe with recovery!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,865
    I am sure you will find your stay here rewarding. As Ben mentioned, you will find a mix of post spinal surgery stories. There are those that have had failed back surgery problems, but there are also so many with success stories.

I've been associated with Spine-Health since 2006 now. I have seen so many members come and go. I like to met new members, understand their situation, and hope that things get better for them. Many do get so much better and move on. Its sad that I cant talk with them anymore, but I am so happy that medically they were able to move on.

Then you have folks like me.. I am a success story. Perhaps I had a lot of glitches along the way and I know there are more coming up, but I am doing good.

My biggest advise and its not medical advice is to listen to everything that your doctor tells you , that you can do and the things you can no longer do.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • csarksticccsarkstic Posts: 2
    edited 03/14/2013 - 2:49 AM
    Thanks a lot for your kind responses. It is great to have somebody to relate with and talk to about this. I will see my doctor again in May, in the meantime I will keep trying PT, it somehow makes sense that stronger back muscles will help.

Seems like naproxen and cyclobenzaprine are not doing the trick anymore, but will try to keep my spirit up. After all, I have a job to do and a family to take care of.

After a day of no responses I really thought there were no sucess stories!