Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

someone recommend a tens unit please

can someone please recomend a portable tens unit that i can purchase in the us.can i put the pad on my calf? thanks for any help.

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,863
    Just search on Portable Tens Unit on the Internet and you will get many pages of options.
    Today, most of them are the same. Spending anywhere between $65 and $100 and you should get a unit that can help you.

I paid $75 for mine about 4 years ago. It helps and has done exactly what it was suppose to do.
    Send me a Private Message and I can tell you what the brand names were
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • gumballprincessggumballprincess Posts: 81
    edited 05/05/2013 - 2:22 PM
    You won't find a better deal anywhere on line. ***$24.95*** I'd recommend that you shave your leg a little bit but yes you can put the pads on your calf. I have a tens unit very similar if not exactly the same as the one below. I bought some more pads from this company. During checkout they asked me to join something (free 30 day trial) which I did. I had to chick on a couple links and reply to an e-mail but it was worth it. They send me a check for the cost of shipping and I had no problem what so ever canceling my membership. Take care, Diane

Post edited... URL removed. Solicitation at Spine-Health is never permitted
    I had the SI-BONE ifuse implant procedure on August 6th 2012.
  • thanks diane,
    how many times can you reuse the pads? does this mean i have to join the membership?
  • If the ones that come with the unit are as good as the ones they sell I would say you can use them everyday for a month.
    I bought my tens unit from a friend but replacement pads from them which were less them $4.00. 10S Premium Electrodes with TYCO Gel by Acclaim Brands-2" x 2" White Cloth 4-Pack SKU: A22605 01 No, you don't have to sign up for the free shipping club but if your time is worth $10.00 an hour it's worth taking a couple minutes to sign up, send your conformation e-mail and then cancel the free membership. Diane
  • I'm assuming you purchased the Tens Unit. How are you and is there any difference. I can see that you have 99 post but I think most of them are comments, correct. When I searched your name I saw something about nerve pain and sciatic. Can I ask what's wrong with you and or do you really know. Diane
  • yes gumballprincess,
    i have a herniated disc l5,s1 and bulging l4,l5. at least that is what my last mri showed over 2 years ago. i hardly ever have back pain, it is mostly all sciatic nerve pain in the back of my calf. i have not gotten a tens unit yet. i am frugal, but i need to go ahead and get one.i currently take celebrex, gabapentin 1200 mg a day, and nucynta er 150mg every 12 hours. the pain management nurse just upped me to 150mg a couple weeks ago. still have the pain. i was doing really well, until January when i hurt my back, it was killing me for like 2 weeks, then that went away, and the sciatic nerve pain seemed to move from my piriformis area to my calf. thanks for asking
  • I wanted more info before I replied so I went to Wikipedia - Calf (anatomy) and read the whole thing. At the end it does say See also * Sciatic. The Tens Unit comes with 2 sets of leads. I'd do an "X" across my lower back just above L-5 and just below S-1 verses on my calf. Other then all the medicine you take have you tried anything else to get rid of the pain. PT, Injections or even ice for possible inflammation. Take care, Diane
  • yes i have had 4 steroid epidural injections in the past, they did not help for long. i do stretches everyday, and get on my inversion table every morning. ice seems to help some.