Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

What made this happen?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
The fact that you are reading this thread and are registered with Spine-Health already says that you are here looking for something. It could be Answers, Reassurance. Compassion and so much more.

But something brought you here. It wasnt a neighbor who said, Hey go visit this cool site, they have tons of new stuff.

In many ways, this iis a site you wish you never found! If you didnt look, then that would probably mean you are find, free from major problems.

But that is not the case, you are here, we are here, I am here.............

We probably all had our lives carved out nicely, planning out our futures, step by step. But then something stopped us
dead cold. The spinal problem.

Now, its not as bad as it may seem, only because we have thousands of other member and thousands of other people that re living a good life despite of their problems. I was probably one of them back in 2006 when I was looking for some answers about thoracic disc problems.

I would not have joined the forum group if it wasn't from a broadcast from Stephanie Burke (along with her brother who created this site) that was looking for people who have had problems sleeping after spinal surgery. That was the day, I was hooked into Spine-Health.

But back to the thread. What happened in your life that made you come to this site?

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• MetalneckMetalneck The Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,608
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.
    See how they run like pigs from a gun, see how they fly.
    I'm crying.

Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
    Corporation T-shirt, stupid bloody Tuesday.
    Man, you been a naughty boy, you let your face grow long.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob.

Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel Tower.
    Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna.
    Man, you should have seen them kicking Edgar Allan Poe.
    I am the eggman, they are the eggmen.
    I am the walrus, goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob.
    Goo goo g'joob g'goo goo g'joob g'goo...

Thats why I'm here?? So glad there are others are here with me!!
    Scary stuff all alone.

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    edited 03/19/2013 - 3:32 PM
    loved the Beatles.
    But I always loved the lyrics from Geedy Lee

Why are we here?
    Because we're here
    Roll the bones
    Why does it happen?
    Because it happens
    Roll the bones
    We come into the world and take our chances
    Fate is just the weight of circumstances
    That's the way that lady luck dances
    Roll the bones

Its the first thing I thought of - to answer your very vailid and serious question.

Regards,

d
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)
    My Story  - Click below
    http://www.spine-health.com/forum/discussion/44804/pain/neck-pain-cervical/long-and-winding-road
    I am not a doctor nor have I ever played one on TV.  Therefore any comments made are based on my experience.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 10,045
    edited 03/19/2013 - 3:34 PM
    Music has always been something that has moved me in one direction or the other...
    From Willow?? Thats obscure !! But I think I got it. !!

Spine-Health Moderator
    My Story  - Click below
  • I was lying in hospital bed at Duke 4 hrs. away from home after having thoracic microdiscectomy on May 24, 2012 and happened across this site looking for answers as to what happened to me. Why was I one of the "lucky" few with thoracic spine problems??? So glad I found though. I have recieved so much love, encouragement, reaasurance and even a few friendships outside of SH :)

kelli
  • "Like" button, "Thumbs Up," "Smiley Face," or something???? :)

I just want to be able to show my approval and enjoyment of something without the pain (literally--you know!!) of typing it all out. I ***ALMOST*** clicked on the "flag as offensive" flag just instinctively because I'm so used to clicking on the "like" button on Facebook, I just wanted to click on SOMETHING!! Heeheehee!!

On your topic--what brought me here? I was searching for a way to fix my "unfixable" spine so I could get back to normal life, activities and work. How something as simple as lifting a patient at work could render ME so helpless, has me absolutely baffled. I have always been the invinceable one! I have always been the one who gets back up and takes off running! Now, for some weird reason, I can't seem to figure out which way is UP. I know the fix is here somewhere, I just need to find the darn thing!!!

advertisement