Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One month post ALIF L4-L5 fusion checkup =A great day

I just wanted to share that my one month checkup went amazing. My drs are absolutely "tickled" with how well I'm doing!! They said they were quite impressed most people aren't nearly as good as I am. I am just so ecstatic. It hasn't been easy and my wound is still healing but I'm walking a couple miles a day and aside from muscle pain and occasional spasms I have NO prior to surgery pain!!! I am so blessed for that! I've been cleared to lift weights sitting with my 5lb kettle bells and wall squats with exercise ball in addition to walking and I can drive!

Just want to say to anyone thinking of having surgery I was terrified!!! And nearly cancelled a dozen times but I am so happy I didn't because my surgery was a success thus far!!!! I just had to share some good news!

• That is great news! I hope it continues for you!! I felt great like you and continue to improve.....I have set backs, but a lot of times that is my fault for not listening to my body and overdoing it! Keep up the good work! I don't have the pre-surgical pain, but struggle with my nerves calming down. I still have the burning nerve pain in my sacral area. But it could be and was a lot worse prior to surgery! I am 3 months out now, and had plateaued....not noticing much improvement for a while. But now, it seems like I am getting a little better each day. We just had a few other medical emergencies in the family, and stress definitely set me back. Just the tension and I had to do a lot of driving/riding, which definitely aggravated things! It's great to hear you are doing so well, keep up the good work! And it is work, but worth it! I have great range of motion, which I thought was going to be limited, but if you stretch, strengthen, and walk....it will only keep getting better! Congrats, on the good news!
    radtechtam MIS L4-5 Fusion
  • mrscahillmmrscahill Posts: 43
    edited 03/25/2013 - 3:26 AM
    Thank you!!! I know it will get better and it's been difficult but I care too much about getting better to risk losing being pain free. I'm looking forward to being able to bend and do stretches soon. But not going to rush anything. Thank you for your kind words and I hope that you continue to get better everyday as well!!!
  • flowerpotsfflowerpots Posts: 379
    edited 03/25/2013 - 4:36 AM
    So happy you got a good report.I go friday and i dont think it will go as good.Im in so much pain. It keeps me up at night.I have lumbar pain and horrible nerve pain down both legs.I dont know what thats all about.I ran out of meds and called the dr.Hope he calls back soon, im ready to loose it.Hope you continue to do good Kathy
    Kathy B
  • I'm sorry to hear of your pain, Kathy. Did you have the same procedure? I'm hoping you get your meds soon, don't lose it!! Don't give up. I'm hoping you get some answers to your pain when you go and the solution is easy and bearable. Keep me posted. Have a wonderful day :)
  • I got my meds ,they didnt make me wait.He is keeping me on the morphine and said if the pain gets that bad again to take 2 pills not 1.Im hoping the pain gets better soon.
    Kathy B
  • mrscahillmmrscahill Posts: 43
    edited 03/25/2013 - 2:08 PM
    Wow I only got morphine in the hospital. At home I'm on robaxin muscle relaxer and now the low dose of Percocet which I'm only taking at night or if I overdid it during the day and hurt. So happy they didn't make you wait. Hopefully Friday won't be bad news.
  • He sent me home with morphine because i have a high tallerence to drugs.I have RA too and ive been on alot of meds .They tried different ones while i was in hospital.He said i would be in alot of pain , i wasnt ready for this much.Oh i had Alif L4 L5 S1 double fusion. He cut a 10" insition in belly and turned me over and i have 2 insitions on spine.He also did something else, but im not sure what it is.I see him friday.Glad your doing good. Hope it continues!!!
    Kathy B